Happy Monday, Stampers! I'm really excited about this week, as this is Gift Giving Week at Stamp With Sandy. Every day this week I have a project planned around gift giving: bags, tags, boxes and more! Today's project is a Kraft Gift Box, which you can find offered in the current Stampin' Up! Holiday Mini Catalog. It is decorated with Frostwood Lodge Designer Paper.
The greeting on the front of the box is from the Sweet Season stamp set. I thought it was the perfect sentiment to use if you are filling this box with treats, which is what I plan to do. You can also fill this box with cookies made with the Sweet Pressed Cookie Stamps, or any small gift.
The top of the box is adorned with two beautiful rosettes. These are very simple to make using the new Simply Scored Scoring Tool. Here's how:
- Cut a twelve inch strip of Designer Paper. I used a 1 1/4" strip for the rosette on top and a 1 1/2" strip for the rosette on the bottom.
- Using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool, score the entire length at 1/4" intervals. Fold the paper into accordion style pleats. Give it a good squeeze to create nice sharp folds.
- Adhere the ends together with Sticky Strip to create a circle. The end folds should be opposite: one should be a "mountain" fold and one should be a "valley" so the sequence of folds is uninterrupted.
- Gently push down and flatten the paper until it forms a rosette.
- Cut two circles of card stock with a 1" circle punch. Using a strong adhesive such as glue dots or Tombo Mono Adhesive, adhere a circle to the front and back of the rosette to help it keep it's shape. Your rosette is finished!
Stampin' Up! Products Used:
Stamp Sets: Sweet Season
Card Stock: Early Espresso, Marina Mist, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Frostwood Lodge
Ink Pads: Early Espresso
Tools: Simply Scored Scoring Tool, 1" circle, 1 3/8" circle and Boho Blossoms Punches
Accessories: Kraft Gift Box, Cherry Cobbler Quilted Satin Ribbon, Pearls
To see another holiday project featuring the Kraft Gift Box, click here.
If you don't have a copy of the 2011-2012 Holiday Mini Catalog and would like to request one, click here.
To shop Stampin' Up! now, click here.
Hope you have a great day!